December 15, 2008

Never ever join in.com

Normally, I hate to use multiple email accounts as gmail suffices all my needs. But unfortunately, while reading a news item, I landed at in.com, a TV 18 venture and is claiming it has the latest technologies in this sphere.

But one important factor it doesn’t have is ethics. As soon as I joined, it asked me whether I need to import my contacts from any other email services. I put gmail and it got all the addresses into it. The next day, I began to get calls from people that they have got invitations to join this crap service. I had to offer my apologies and this drama is still on.

And since I don’t send such unscrupulous mails, it was natural that friends called me to confirm whether I had actually invited them. The matter of fact is that this email service showed its true colour when it sent out invitations without my consent. If I was a lawyer, I would have dragged them to court over this. But I urge someone reading this entry to initiate some steps so that the trust people keep on such services is not lost. Who knows they will send an email on behalf of any terrorist organizations quoting my email and name?

Please do not join this crap service as it will screw you too.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Before you go about talking about in.com screwing people I suggest you examine the cause for the invites going out or atleast using the least of your journalistic ethics to call network18 or web18 for a clarification , Its shoddy reporting like this that gives true blogs a bad name,

there is an invite all imported contacts to in.com radio button next to the import tab that you had selected, its the same type of button you have on linked in , facebook or orkut... I would not even justify your rant about us being a crap service user feedback on our site is incredible... I bet you were paid by a competitor