November 27, 2008

Muslims more alienated than ever

What are the motives of the terrorists when they spent a hell lot of money and manpower in an operation as large as the Mumbai attack? There are various intelligence reports that is emancipating from various ‘reliable’ sources which points the origin of this attack to Karachi, from where these people reportedly have come.
But how did they catch the Navy and the Coast Guard napping? Intelligence agencies are zeroing in on the Lashkar-e-Tayiba as the agency behind the terror attacks. But normally, these terrorist organizations had the habbit of owning the responsibility and then taking credit for the innumerable loss of innocent lives lost in their cowardly act.
But in a world of globalization that India is ushering into, terrorists seems to have taken a reverse path and have gone into localization. Unknown groups with bizarre names are taking responsibilities for the attacks and then reasons harassment of innocent Muslims as the reason for their attack.
But the same Muslims, that these groups want to protect by spreading terror, disown the claim. They say more the attacks, more they are vulnerable to harassment. Terrorist organizations across the globe have succeeded in one mission. They have made all Muslims in the world – some of them hard core patriots of their countries of domicile – branded as terrorists.
When I was in my school and college, I used to have Muslims as my friends who used to take me and my other Hindu friends to their home to serve us delicacies that we have never tasted in our life. Today they are tasting the results of nefarious activities some people are carrying out masquerading as Muslim protectors.
My children will never be able to see a Muslim friend because they have vanished from main stream schools and are either confined to schools near their ghetto or not attending the schools at all.
My neighbour is a Hindu Brahmin and he minces no words in putting the blame on Muslims for all the misfortunes of India. “They should be thrown out of this country and go to countries where these terrorists originate. Why cant these people go to Muslim countries and stay there?” very often he asks me.
I don’t have an answer to his questions because all my answers will be negated by the terrorist activity statistics he will unfold. Some of my Muslim friends say it has become very difficult to spell out their names to strangers.
“The moment I say my name, which obviously reflects that I am a Muslim, the entire scenario changes. I am seen as a terrorist or someone who belongs to a community called terrorists,” said one of my close friends who is into the business of carpets.
He is a multi millionaire but he stays in a Muslim ghetto with a shop in the main stream mall. He has got his shop insured for the fear that any time, the anger of all terrorist activities will end up with another 2002 Gujarat type riots.
So ultimately the question is what have the terrorist achieved by their acts of global terror? One that I know is that they have alienated Muslims from the main stream across the globe. Anything better that you know of?


No comments: